Schoolhouse on the Blessington Village Heritage Trail

Parish Schoolhouse

The Parish Schoolhouse is now The Grange Con cafe. Originally built around 1820 by the third Marquis of Downshire as a girl’s school. A boy’s school originally established by Penelope Dunbar, the wife of the owner of the estate in the 1770s, was situated in an adjoining building fronting the main street.

Back to Heritage Trail